Goodbye and thank you :)

So, today is my last day as Youth President. I think I was in denial that this was going to happen, but here we are!

This year has been amazing. I feel very humbled by the nice things people have said about me, and I hope I've said nice things back.

I feel very proud and very privileged when I look back...

I feel very proud of myself. I think this is the hardest I've worked at anything, ever. Its the type of job that is all consuming, and I've tried to throw every part of me at it. I feel very proud that I managed to win an award (:D) and I also feel very proud to be a part of a church that managed to win an award for participation too!

I do feel really proud to be a part of this church. I'm not saying its perfect yet, but then again there will always be more to strive for. The Methodist Children & Youth Team are amazing, a real pleasure to work with and a real asset to our church. We should be doing all we can to keep them!

I have to give credit to the OPPs too. They were a credit to themselves and the church at Greenbelt lats week, and have been for the whole year.

And, of course, all of you are brilliat! Its you children & young people that really make this church what it is. At 3Generate and when I've visited groups & churches all across the country I've been so inspired by your energy and drive to want to make a difference to our church and our world. Never, ever lose that! Everyone else has a lot to learn from you :)

I think that's all I want to say. I feel very sad to be leaving today, but I know Hayley will do an amazing job. I hope you welcome and encourage her, as you welcomed and encouraged me.

Thank you so much, I don't think I'll every be able to say that enough.

God bless you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment