Holy Land Visit - Day 1

I can’t believe I’m here! This is just such an amazing place!!

The flight was great, the early morning not so great, but all made so worth it by the city of Bethlehem.

At dinner, we had our first experience of Palestinian food – I was in absolute heaven. Starters of olives, salads, humous, aubergines and courgettes; followed by amazing tasting lamb & fish with rice.

We met Sammy, a guy from the Holy Land Trust, who shared with us about his organisation and the work it’s doing. I’m so excited to see the programmes and activities they’re running, and how they are looking to engage young people in them.

We spent the evening wandering round (and getting lost in) Bethlehem, and just taking in the sights, sounds, smells and tastes. The group we’ve got are fantastic, we’re all having a laugh and getting on really well! It’s just such a privilege to  be here!

Tomorrow is looking like a pretty packed day, so I reckon a vaguely early night is in order! I can’t wait to share with you my experiences and encounters as the week unfolds.

I thank God, for the grace He has poured out on us to bring us here safely. Please pray for our continued safe travel, and that God would really speak to us as we encounter the place, the people and the injustice here.


No comments:

Post a Comment