Giving

On Sunday I preached about giving. I believe God calls us to give, not with a stingy heart, but to give generously.

As I’ve had the massive privilege of travelling to some amazing places, and meeting the most amazing people, I’ve been really struck by the generosity of people.

When me and the family did Live Below the Line, so many people offered to have us round for dinner, or bring us food. Going to the Palestinian family’s home and receiving their generous hospitality was another wonderful experience.

I’ve also been amazed, and really humbled, by the number of people who so generously offer their time in prayer and support for me. It’s amazing the effect being generous has on people, I wonder how easily we miss the generosity of God in his giving to us.

God gives extravagantly to us...

‘Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.’  (Ephesians 5:2)

Take some time this week, to recognise how generously God is pouring out love and grace on you this week, and think about God’s call for us to give in the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment