Where is God...oh...there He is!!

Wow...I haven’t been on here in a while!

It’s been the most manic few weeks! A few days away in Swanage, a visit to Number 10, winning an award(!), Council, Reference Group...the list goes on!

For some reason, I’ve been really struggling with my faith over the past few weeks. It seems really strange saying that, after listing all those incredible things that God is doing in my life, not to mention the week in Ghana coming up next!!

So, I’ve been challenging myself to see God in everything...and, unsurprisingly, that wasn’t difficult at all!

Walking along the coast in Swanage, feeling privileged to represent the church at Downing Street, winning the BYC award are all things that I’m so thankful for.

But it’s not only those outstanding things that I’m seeing God in again...taking cell groups out for pizza and having such a laugh with them, spending time with my family, the blossom I can see ou the window as I write this blog...

God is everywhere, as far away as He might feel sometimes, He never ever is.

At the start of the book of Jeremiah, God condemns Israel for not recognising that God is there and working in and around them.

How often are we guilt of doing exactly that?

I challenge you, to try and see God in everything around you, and in everything you do.

I mentioned my trip to Ghana next week. Wi-fi permitting I’ll be tweeting and blogging every day. If not, then I’ll be posting when I get back. Your prayers for the whole group and myself as we travel and experience a wonderful culture would be greatly received.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I just read this blog. This is a good idea! I keep a president's note in FB often so the members would know the national's currents. Anyway, I am also National President of the United Methodist Youth Fellowship in the Philippines! Great to know there are also others in the worldwide community, I only know Annual Conference presidents from UMC connections. BTW, our website is www.umyfp.org to know about our ministries. On April 16-21, 2012 we'll be having our biennial national gathering, 32nd National Youth Conference. Our term is 2 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whilst unusual, thoroughly un-Methodist, and (I believe) ultimately flawed, the Salvation Army having a very challenging and inspiring view of sacraments similar to what you've just said.

    They believe (and here, in part, they overlap with us) that in a sacrament God does something special, through unspecial things. So for us, in bread and wine (not special) we have a special communion, water - baptism (there is, for us, further definition of a sacrament) this is extended to say that ANY situation where God works uses the ordinary for something special is a sacrament.

    Ultimately I think they mis-define a sacrament, but it offers a challenge and an inspiration to the rest of the Christian tradition!

    Pasg Hapus/Happy Easter,
    Paul

    ReplyDelete