Living Below the Line - Day 1

So today was the first day of our Live Below the Line challenge! Me and my wonderful family are living for £1 per day, each, for 5 days. To try and raise money and to raise awareness of the 1.4 billion people across the globe who live below the poverty line.

Yesterday was the major shopping trip, my parents were trusted with the £20 and, for once, they did pretty well! Most meals catered for and a pack of digestives! How exciting!!

They both said it was a completely different shopping experience to the one their used to - and really made them think about how for some, this is what they have to do every week; not a decision on quality, but on what they can afford.

So breakfast today was two slices of toast, lunch a sandwich some rationed out crisps and one digestive biscuit, then dinner some not so bad sweet & sour sauce with chicken and cous cous!

I think we've done pretty well, but I wouldn't say I've found it easy.

Normally, I'd just go to the fridge when I was feeling hungry, or I'd pop out and buy a pack of sweets, or a cup of coffee. But, that just isn't an option. Our drinks in Costa on Sunday after church, ost half of our whole budget for the 5 days! We would just spend that without thinking, but having to do this challenge has really made us think about it.

What made today even more difficult was being surrounded by tea, coffee & cake at today's coffee morning. I'd have probably eaten a decent sized plateful normally - but today that wasn't an option!

I can't wait to see how the rest of the week pans out, and how the rest of my family cope!!

We would all so appreciate it, if you felt able to donate. As I said before, 1.4 billion people around the world live below the poverty line - whatever you can give would really help. Thanks!

https://www.livebelowtheline.com/me/youthpresident

No comments:

Post a Comment