Do you love me?

Still in the middle of a really packed week!

Started off with a presentation for an award we've been nominated for!! (more details of this to come soon! :D)

Spent Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday at Connecting Disciples. It was such a tiring, enriching, inspiring and refreshing week - if you can have all those feelings rolled into one!

Tuesday night I was on the question time panel, there were some really challenging questions and some downright stupid questions (David Jewitt can claim all the credit for the latter!), and I hope I managed to offer some helpful answers.

Penny, Meg & I led a bible study on Wednesday morning. We managed to make the whole of High Leigh stink of fish, encounter God, and have a load of fun all at the same time! We spent time looking at spiritual rhythms - how we spend our time, and how we can encounter God through every beat of our rhythm.

Jo Cox and I led the closing worship yesterday. We reflected on the reading at the very end of John where Jesus asks Peter three times, 'Do you love me?' This is a really powerful question - and impacts on all our relationships especially, for me, in my relationship with God.

I think a lot of us struggle with confidence and if we're good enough for people, especially good enough for God.

I've come to the conclusion that God doesn't love me for being any good at stuff, he just loves me for being me! All the stuff I do, is Him doing it through me! I love this verse from 2 Corinthians - it precisely sums this up...

'Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.'
2 Corinthians 3:5
Thanks to all those who were at Connecting Disciples - it was a fantastic weekend! Check out the Methodist Recorder next week for a write up fo the whole Conference.
This weekend, I'm off to St Katherines with the guys coming on the Israel & Palestine visit. Please keep us all in your prayers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment