Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Some people seem to think that the fact its a new year changes everything...it doesn’t. I arrived at the first cell group of 2012, and yes they were still annoying and rowdy and messy as all good youth groups are!

The spend most of their time moaning that I’m never there! I would like to take this opportunity to say that this is not the case, and I never miss it on purpose. I, in fact, love leading my cell group. Its probably one of the most infuriating yet at the same time rewarding things I do with my week!

I want to share with you what I did with my Cell Group yesterday, and want to challenge you to do it yourself as we head into the new year...

Take some time to think about what it is you’re hoping for this year. What do you want to be proud of by the time 2013 comes around? What changes do you want to have made to your lifestyle? What resolutions do you want to have kept?

Think about some of the big decisions that might be coming up... Which job to go for? Which Uni to go for? Which sixth form to go to? Which church to go to?

Make list of a few of the hopes and dreams you have for 2012, and write them on a piece of paper and seal them in an envelope.

As you seal the envelope, take some time to reflect on this verse from scripture...


I'll show up and take care of you as I promised and bring you back home. I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.


Jeremiah 29:10-11 (The Message)

Think about what this verse means for you as you go into this new year. Think about the incredible promise that God has made us, the part we have to play in his place.

In the lead up to Christmas, I’m sure we’ll all have read about the extraordinary thing that God called Mary to, let’s all be excited NOW for the extraordinary things that God has in store for us as individuals, for us as Methodists, for us as part of a global Christian movement.

I pray that you are richly blessed in 2012, and maybe that you’ll consider some of these things in your prayers this year...

· OPPs trip to Tajikistan
· Think. Talk. Be (an exciting new project you’ll be hearing lots more about very soon!)
· Connecting Disciples Conference
· Methodist Israel & Palestine Visit
· YPS Review

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment