Short-term Christmas?

How many of you watched the X Factor final yesterday? I’m sorry, but surely those two hours of television would have been better filled by just Coldplay than all the rest of them?! I think that’s enough of my misery on that subject for now...!

My house has always been a Strictly household (I’d just like to make it clear that this is forced upon me, you’ll be surprised to know that I don’t actually enjoy watching Russell Grant in a lycra sequin suit...!), but X Factor is on most Saturday nights too.

Those of you who do watch it, I wonder how many of the contestants from last year you can remember?

Struggling? I bet most of you won’t be able to name all of this year’s either...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYCToHQk6nc

Fame for all these people is almost certain to be a short-term thing. There might be the odd couple that last a few years, but I expect that in a month’s time we’ll have forgotten about most of them.


‘The angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favour with God. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David, and He will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; His kingdom will never end.”’

Luke 1:30-33


The angel appears to Mary, and shares what God has in store for her. Mary isn’t just in for the short-term fame thing, she’s part of a story that will last forever!


The most exciting thing...we’re part of that story that never ends! We are the people of God, who are to proclaim the good news of Christ this Christmas!


So...


How will you encourage people to see the birth of Jesus as significant in the long-term?


How will you ensure your Christmas celebrations are not just short-term?

No comments:

Post a Comment