Prayer


I don’t know about you, but I find prayer really difficult.


I’ve never been one for kneeling by my bed each night and doing all that shebang, I much prefer it being more like an ongoing conversation with God throughout my day...but that’s turned out to work about as well as the kneeling by my bed thing!


I think this is a problem a lot of Christians have as well. So I thought I’d share a way of praying I find really helpful, I find it’s great for trains :)


I carry this little card around in my wallet all the time...



I love this as a structure for prayer. Before anything, reminding yourself of how completely awesome God is! Why we love Him, why we worship Him. Then you bring all those things that you’re not proud of, that you need to ask for forgiveness for. Then thank God for all those amazing gifts that he pours out on us each day. Finally, ask God for some help!

I think a lot of us are guilty of just using our prayer times to plead with God for some help, we forget about how awesome God is, how much we need God to purify us, and the incredible number of things that God gives us that we should be thankful for.


I really challenge you to make one of these cards for yourself, maybe with some bible passages you find more helpful, or you might just want to print one of these ones off. Put it in your wallet, or your purse, and take 5 minutes each day just to go through it and spend some time with God.

Prayer scares me...a lot! But when I remind myself that it’s not actually about all those fancy words that no-one understands; instead, it’s just you talking to you father, your friend, I feel a lot better!

2 comments:

  1. I like it. Thank you, both for the idea and for being so honest and open!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You´ve opened a door for a lot of people....not just young ones...

    ReplyDelete