Leicester

I was privileged, on Saturday, to go to a church in Leicester to lead a worship event at a church there. We had a really good night or worship, fellowship & prayer, with about 30 young people.

I got to go over and lead the event with some people I worked with as an OPP last year, we developed the same thing in Wellingborough and to be invited to do the same somewhere else was really exciting!

Hopefully, through what happened on Saturday night, those young people from Leicester will be able to run their own events from now on. We talk about this word empower a lot, but I think that’s what we were doing last night; showing other young people that actually if you have something you want to do or change, and God’s grace to carry you through and guide you in the right paths, then there’s no reason why you can’t do it!

I love God’s response to Jeremiah in Jeremiah 1...


‘“Alas, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.” But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.’

Jeremiah 1:6-8

God promises to be with all of us, if we have the confidence to respond to something that God has put inside of us; whether that’s a vision, or something along the lines of the holy discontent I talked about in my last blog.

Hopefully that’s what we achieved last night; not only did we encounter God, but we also managed to give people the confidence to step out, say ‘I’m not too young’, and go forward knowing that they’re backed by God’s unending promise to be with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment